14 January 2015

Hubble Bubble * Jane Lovering

Hubble Bubble by Jane Lovering 

Be careful what you wish for …

Holly Grey only took up witchery to keep her friend out of trouble – and now she’s knee-deep in hassle, in the form of apocalyptic weather, armed men, midwifery … and a sarcastic Welsh journalist.



When Holly Grey's best friend books them in for magic lessons, she can't believe her luck and not in a good way. Her bubbly friend Megan says it will be a great idea, but Holly has other opinions of the matter, though despite what she thinks, Holly backs her friend up so she won't be alone. 

So when Megan and Holly turn up at the witches house, only to discover that it is an elderly woman gone a bit mad, Holly just can't get over the amount of tripe the old woman says, especially when all the other women believe it. 

But when Holly is sent to go and take a look at The Old Lodge down in the woodlands for work, she didn't think she would encounter a tall, handsome but troubled looking man. 

Kai Rhys has some problems that he can't get rid of, the fact that his mother left him when he was a baby for no apparent reason, that he's trying to unearth a big secret for his journalism job, but doesn't know where to start. Or perhaps it's the one thing that lets him down the most, a relationship. 

Though on the night of making a wish with the witch workshop, bad things start to happen. From men on bikes following and threatening them, to the potion everyone drank and getting seriously ill, all part from Holly. 

When both Kai and Holly's paths cross, things start to get a bit complicated and not in the relationship department. There's something there about Kai that Holly can't shake off, she knows what she would like to shake and where, but there's something deep down, something raw and wrong with Kai that she is determined to find out. 

Kai knows something about Holly, something that has been eating away at her for years. So when he brother Nicholas comes over, he starts to think that something is wrong between them. He just doesn't know what, but he is determined to get Holly to come to her senses and look further into her relationship with Nick, something deep that she has been covering up for twenty years. 

Soon everyone's wishes start to unfold in the strangest of events, and their not all smooth sailing either. Most go with a bump, a shock, some adventure and definitely some excitement. All the wishes soon start to come together and are all apart of each others in someway, they just need an extra bit of digging to get there. 

Hubble Bubble by Jane Lovering, is the first novel I have read by this fantastic author! I picked this book up from the Library a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy that I picked this one up and not the other I was going to get. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's been a hilarious and fun read. I adored all the characters, I thought they we're thought out and described perfectly with their own little back ground stories. Holly Grey is a definite Heroine in this story and she's not half funny to show for it. Her feeling and character we're an appealing read, she's a though cookie who doesn't stand no messing, but sometimes her barriers have to fall down. 

I can honestly say it's not what I expected at all! I thought it would have been a lot darker and a totally different storyline, but I'm glad it wasn't. I will definitely be reading this book again and will also be reading more of Jane Lovering's books.

I also loved that it was based around Yorkshire! ;) I could understand and sympathise with the characters more on the weather. 

The only thing about this book and it's a tiny thing but I feel the need to mention it. Is that whilst I loved Kai and Holly's relationship and their characters, I also loved there sexual tension too and their romance to it as it was just plain sexy! BUT! I feel when they talked about their problems, they talked a bit about them too much, too much brooding and "Oh woes me" all the time which was a bit of a let down. 

But all in all I loved the book and will be reading it again! I couldn't really put too much into the review otherwise I would of given the book away! 

I will give this book 8.5 out of 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment