27 May 2020

Amelia Fang and the Unicorn Lords - Laura Ellen Anderson

Amelia Fang is the biggest hearted vampiress you'll ever meet. In this adventure, she and her friends Florence the yeti (DON'T CALL HER BEAST), Grimaldi the Death and Prince Tangine (reformed spoiled sprout), along with her pet pumpkin Squashy, must brave the journey to the terrifying Kingdom of the Light to try to find Tangine's missing mother, Queen Fairyweather.

Amelia and her friends are back in a glitter filled adventure. When Amelia, Florence and Grimaldi find out about Tangine's missing mother, the gang head out on a quest to find Fairweather. Though there's just one catch, they need to venture to the scary world of The Kingdom of Light.  

But when they arrive, something doesn't seem right and it certainly doesn't sit well with the little vampire. Once more, the friends aren't used to the sun being up, let alone the glitter, unicorns, bunnies and sugar. 

With time running out to save Fairyweather, the gang must find out the source of the strange pink mist...and fast!

Amelia Fang and the Unicorn Lords by Lauren Ellen Anderson, is the second book in the wonderful Amelia Fang series, and I loved it. This was another read that was part of the Believeathon 2 in May and I just can't get enough of this series. 

I love the illustrations, the word play, it's highly hilarious for adults as well as children which I think is a fabulous thing to be able to write. I especially love Grimaldi, I think he's got to be my favourite character in all the books so far. Even as a 25 year old, I can resonate with Florence, I just love her language it makes me laugh. 

If you're looking for a new children's series for your little ones, I would highly recommend this one. Andersons writing style is beautiful and a pleasure to read. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. 

I will be giving this book 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment