15 March 2020

Legendary * Stephanie Garber

A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister Scarlett from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.

It's been a year since the last Caraval turned Tella's life upside-down and she should've forgotten what happened the last time she played.  

But Legend is back and that only means one thing. He needs all his players back for a second game, including Tella and her sister Scarlett.  Though things don't seem as simple as they were in the past game, for a start it's much more dangerous.  

Tella must win the game this time, she must find Legend's true name as well as her mother, who left her as a child and went missing ever since. Though it's not easy when you have no idea where to look for either on them. 

Fighting her way through creepy shops, dangerous games and not to mention her murderous new fiancĂ©, Tella must race against the clock to find the things that to her the most.  

But is there anyone she can trust in this twisted world? 

Legendary by Stephanie Garber, is the second instalment in this spellbinding series. I have had this book on my shelf for a long time and since we're all in lockdown at the moment, what better way than to get down that never-ending TBR pile?

My problem with these books are that they take me so long to get into them, it was the same with Caraval. I find that the first section of the book is quite slow building, then towards the end it suddenly picks up and gets more interesting. I do end up enjoying the book towards the end, but wish there was some consistency throughout.  I also felt like the magic had disappeared that was in Caraval. 

With that said, I did really enjoy the new characters in this book as well as getting to know Tella more, I think I prefer Tella over her sister Scarlett. As for Dante, well, he's just a pure dream and I love him so much.  I will be reading the third and last installment in the series soon and I can't wait to see how it will end. 

I will be giving this book 6 out of 10



No comments:

Post a Comment