8 March 2020

A Court of Mist and Fury * Sarah J. Maas

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. 

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. 

Feyre now resides in the Night Court with the over powering, over arrogant high lord, Rhysand and his fellow inner circle.

With the Spring Court on its knees, her wedding in tatters and her beloved Tamlin at his wits end, Feyre is at a loss. Trapped inside her own nightmares and the enemy's court, she must find a way to get back to her home and back to the court where she belongs.

Feyre may be out from Under the Mountain, but the mountain never left her and she most certainly left with more than she bargained for. As war rises, Feyre must learn to harness her newfound powers given to her by the seven high lords of the land, as well as control a passion burning so bright, that she has no idea how to stop.  

She is the huntress, the curse breaker and most of all an immortal so strong and powerful, waiting to pounce. 

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, is the second instalment in best selling international ACOTAR series. With over a million copies sold, it's no surprise that this book has such a huge cult following behind it. Which I fully stand behind and back. 

This book. Oh this book, I honestly think this is the best book I have read so far is this year (Yes, even more so than Blood Promise - total shocker I know!) It's one of the most beautiful books in a series I have read ever, the romance, the love, the dedication and loyalty between the characters is beautifully heartbreaking.  

Mrs Maas, is one of the best story tellers I have had the pleasure of reading for a long time, the plot is very beautifully and cleverly written and it just flows so perfect. There's everything a YA book should need and most certainly more, and I feel that once I have finished the series (I know I'm quite late to the party) that once I reread it, it will be more heart breaking and just all click into place.  

You all know that I love greek mythology, so when I found out that this has traits of Hades and Persephone I absolutely died and I can 100% agree that it does, and it's just perfect.  I laughed, I blushed and I cried by absolute heart out through this book and it will always be a treasure to me.  

I will most certainly be giving this book 10 out of 10 - Though it deserves so much more than 10


No comments:

Post a Comment