14 September 2019

Close Up and Personal * JS. Taylor

Drama-school graduate Isabella Green wants to be a script-writer. But when she meets famous director James Berkeley, she’s tempted into the glamorous world of acting. 

Behind the camera, the mysterious Berkeley commands discipline at all times. But Isabella soon discovers this man's dominant tendencies also extend into the dressing room. 


Isabella Green is an actress, well, trying to be. She's more of a script writer. Though when she goes for an audition on a whim for a role in an upcoming play, she's shocked to find it's actually got an upcoming film. A film by the one and only Mr James Berkeley. 

Issy can't quite believe her luck, not only did she meet the infamous, seclusive director, but he also asked her out. Though when Issy hears some troubling truths about Berkeley, can she really trust the man she's only just met? 

He's gorgeous, charming and a gentleman. But can Isabella learn to play by his rules and commands? Or will her hot handedness get her into more trouble than its worth? 

Close Up and Personal by JS. Taylor, Is the first book in the first book in the Spotlight series and the first book that I have read by this author. I searched through the Kobo store for a cheeky book on the off chance and decided to give it a go with this one. 

I had some general mixed feelings about this one as I was reading along. At first it struck me a little like the FSOG trilogy (Which we all know that I wasn't a huge fan) but then as the story progressed it seemed to change. It started to get more depth and character, the characters themselves started to show who they really were, I was happy to find out that Isabella was not a pushover compared to what I thought she was going to be. 

However, there we're some sides that just didn't sit right with me, the way that Jame's is with her sometimes just gave me the creeps and also annoyed me a little. But I was glad that I stuck with it as I feel that the next book will be better than the first, and that last scene, Jesus! 

All in all I would be happy to read the next instalment in the series 

I will be giving this book 5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment