6 August 2019

Meet me at Beachcomber Bay * Jill Mansell

Love is in the air in St Carys, but you'd never know it - the people of this seaside town are very good at keeping secrets...

The man Clemency loves belongs to someone else. She has to hide her true feelings - but when she ropes in an unsuspecting friend to help, wires start to get crossed.

For the first time in Ronan's life his charm has failed him in winning over the woman he wants. Loving her from afar appears to be his only option.

Belle seems to have the perfect boyfriend, but something isn't quite right. And now a long-buried secret is slowly rising to the surface.

The truth has a funny way of revealing itself, and when it does St Carys will be a very different place indeed...


What if you'd just met the love of your life, on a plane, covered in red wine? 

Or just met your one true love, after a mistaken one night stand? 

And what if, your partner, your wonderful gorgeous partner, just doesn't do it for you? 

Welcome to St Cary's, where love is in the air and no one has a clue on how to catch it.  

Clemency finds the love of her life, but when it turns out her sister is involved, things soon start to become more confusing than what its actually worth.  

Ronan on the other hand, made a drunken mistake with Kate nine months ago and he just change shake away his true feelings for her. Even though he's in a loving relationship with his best friend, Clemency. 

And when Belle finally lands the man of her dreams, she can't shake the feeling that someones after him. Better yet, even Belle doesn't know if she truly loves him, she can't make her mind up if someone else tickles her fancy. 

As the residents of the little village go through the ups and downs of their lives, one thing is for certain...There's love in the air at Beachcomber Bay. 

Meet me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell, is her 28th novel I mean, can we get a round of applause for the lady? I always look forward to Jill's books, to me, thats when I know its Summer. When the sun in shining, its warm and a new Jill Mansell book has been cracked open. That is what Summer looks like. 

It has been a while since I last read a book by Mrs. Mansell, my last was 'Head Over Heels' read last year and I feel like with this past book and this current one, I'm finally getting out of my Jilll Mansell slump and the love is coming back full force, straight in my face.  

The characters, the setting and all the little stories rolled into one is just perfect. Every character is written wonderfully and all their little stories pair perfectly with the rest of them. There we're things that I wasn't expecting and it made a nice pleasant surprise. 

I think a lot of people where thinking that it was solely going to be about Clemency and I'm kind of happy it wasn't as I loved Ronan's character so much and I'm happy we got to hear more about his story. 

I will be giving this book 9 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment