16 December 2018

One Day In December * Josie Silver

Laurie is pretty sure love at first sight doesn't exist anywhere but the movies. But then, through a misted-up bus window one snowy December day, she sees a man who she knows instantly is the one. 

Their eyes meet, there's a moment of pure magic...and then her bus drives away.

Laurie has everything planned; the perfect flat, best job and most importantly, Sarah - her best friend. Though what she didn't plan on, was to be falling in love with a complete stranger at a bus stop and spending an entire year searching for him. 

Fast forward a year later and he's stood in front Laurie, in the girls flat but as Sarah's new boyfriend. His name is Jack O'Mara and he's the best thing that's ever happened to Laurie Sarah. 

Over the span of ten years, problems arise for all three best friends, wine is shared, laughter is made and tears are shed. Though some secrets run deep and they should never resurface. 
As Laurie and Jack try to overcome their differences and love for one another, there's only one question to ask. 

How many times can you fall in love? 

One Day in December by Josie Silver, is the first book that Ms Silver has written under her own name. She is actually connected to one of the best series that I have ever read, yes - you know it! It's The Knight Series. She has written under the pen names as Kat French and Kitty French and I was so excited when I found out that this was the same woman. 

I absolutely loved this book so much, it was such a Christmas romance read. I understand that there has been some controversy by some reviewers about the point of view on the romance of the book and its something that I don't agree with at all. I can understand where they're coming from and I respect that, but I don't believe that the main couple in the book are "cheating" they love each other and over the years they have missed their chance and they love each other from afar. 

The whole story is great and I can't wait for more by this fabulous author, I'm excited to find out that she has another book in the pipeline to be released this year, so be on the look out! 

I will be giving this book 10 out of 10 



1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this book! It's such a lovely read, so glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete