17 December 2018

The Girl Before * J.P Delaney

The Girl Before by JP Delaney

Jane stumbles on the rental opportunity of a lifetime: the chance to live in a beautiful ultra-minimalist house designed by an enigmatic architect, on condition she abides by a long list of exacting rules. 

After moving in, she discovers that a previous tenant, Emma, met a mysterious death there - and starts to wonder if her own story will be a re-run of the girl before. 

Emma's past and Jane's present become inexorably entwined in this tense, page-turning portrayal of psychological obsession.

Would you live in a house with pristine walls, works surfaces with state of the art technology and all for a good price? 
Would you still stay if you couldn't have no books, music, DVD's, magazines or children for that matter? 

Jane is looking for an a place to escape from her past, she wants nothing more than a minimalist life and she thinks she's come to the right place. Though One Folgate Street has something sinister lurking within its walls, and its not until a tragic accident, that the walls start to crumble. 

Edward Monkford is a man of many talents. He's charming, sophisticated and very intelligent. Though when things don't go the way he planned, whats the highest price he's willing to pay?

All you have to do, is sign on the dotted line at the very end of the contract, then watch your new life unfold before your eyes...even if it is a little maddening.

The Girl Before by J.P Delaney, is the first book I have ever read by the author and it certainly won't be the last. I loved this book from the get go and it has easily become one of my favourite reads of 2018. I couldn't put the book down, I think since reading The Girlfriend, this was my second book into the world of Psychological Thrillers and I can't wait to read more of its kind!

The whole plot behind the story is brilliant and it works so well. It is enough to make you read until the early hours, just so you can get one more chapter in, even though your eyes feel like they're full of sand. It certainly gave me chills and there's a very creepy feel to the book which I loved.

If there's a book that you need to read next year, I would highly recommend The Girl Before it will not disappoint. The book has since been picked up by Ron Howard for film rights and there is a second book out called 'Believe Me', which I can't wait to sink my teeth into in the New Year.

I will be giving this book an excellent and well deserved, 10/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment