17 June 2020

Girl, Stop Apologising - Rachel Hollis

Rachel Hollis has seen it too often: women not living into their full potential. They feel a tugging on their hearts for something more, but they’re afraid of embarrassment, of falling short of perfection, of not being enough.


She knows that many women have been taught to define themselves in light of other people—whether as wife, mother, daughter, or employee—instead of learning how to own who they are and what they want. With a challenge to women everywhere to stop talking themselves out of their dreams.

I'll be honest, 'Girl, Stop Apologising' is a book that I didn't know I needed in this Lockdown garbage at the moment. But I did need it and I'm so glad I read it.  

Hollis goes into all the nitty gritty on how you may be feeling, want to start a new business prospect or even just a hobby but don't know where to start? How about de-cluttering your mind or those pesky 'To Do' Lists? Or maybe even wanting to just have a bit more control on your life at the moment? 

I'm really happy I picked up this book, I read it on Audio through a Sribed trial and it was just what I needed. I know that many people have slated this book recently, which is fine and everyone has their own opinions. 

Yes she may have a big business, yes she may use nannies and other luxuries that many of us may not have...but why shouldn't she? She has worked her socks off and if she has the money and wishes to do so, then why not? I for one would probably do the same if I had the means - no I'm not bashing on her because she has worked! *Insert hand clamps here* 

Things that I have taken away from this book and plan to use for the future: 

  • Change up my 'To Do' lists, make it into a task that has a reachable goal, that has more to it than just one words - I tried this as soon as I heard it with work and my god did it help me. 
  • The 10/10/1 goal - I have written down my 10 things I would like in life, my 10 tasks on what I can do to achieve them and my 1 goal on how to get there. I see this everyday when I open my Bullet Journal. 
  • Go FOR IT - If I want to start something new, or have a new idea, I now have it into my head to just bloody go for it and if it doesn't work, then at least I can say I tried. I'm no longer thinking "Someone else has done it, so there is no point" People may have already done it, but I have my own unique way of going about it and my own personal talents. Don't give up on something because it's already been done.  

If you're in need of a pick me up, you have ideas and just need a bit of a push or maybe, you just need a bit of a self-confidence boost, then I would suggest giving this book a read/listen to. 

I will be giving this book 4 out of 5
Cawpile rating of 7.00


No comments:

Post a Comment