26 April 2020

Miranda's Big Mistake * Jill Mansell

Miranda is thrilled when she meets Greg at a cocktail party. He's gorgeous, he's funny - and he's very keen. Just what a girl needs to put some sparkle in her life. Heavens, he's practically perfect! Greg likes Miranda a lot. She's young, she's pretty, and she never talks about babies. 

Of course he hasn't told her everything about himself - even the sweetest girls can be a bit funny about a man who's just left his newly pregnant wife. But there's no way she's going to find out - or is there?


Miranda can't believe her luck when she gets stopped by a homeless man. She's already late for work, has forgotten her lunch and in desperate need of a sit down. But here she is promising a sandwich to the local man whilst standing in the pouring rain, could her day get any worse? 

Chloe is on cloud nine. She's madly in love with her husband Greg and she's about to tell him that they're expecting their first child. Greg isn't happy at all, in fact he's furious and is soon telling Chloe to leave...not only their home but their marriage.  Chloe's could is quickly turning grey. 

Though things aren't all bad, Miranda has found a new man at a local charity event, he's charming, handsome and incredibly funny - Greg seems like the perfect man to settle down with. With Chloe pregnant, homeless and nearly jobless, moving in with a new landlady seems like the best solution, she's just yet to meet the other tenant. 

Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell, is one of her oldest books and is the seventh book I have read by the author. I can honestly tell that this is an old book and can see how her writing style has changed over the years. Both are not a bad thing, it's just clear to see how it's changed. 

I struggled to get into this one at first if I'm honest, but once I finally got sucked in I loved it. I really loved Miranda and Chloe, they were fab. Though I think I loved Florence the best. 

There was plenty of romance and drama, I found ti quite funny too! As always I shall be reading more of her books as I really do love them and find them the perfect, easy summer escape! However, I did read this when the sun wasn't shining and when we were in March! 

I will be giving this book 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment