12 May 2018

Layers Peeled * Lacey Silks

Layers Peeled by Lacey Silks

New life binds them,
Past ghosts haunt her,
Fresh secrets distract him,
...and history repeats itself. 


After surviving a heroic job, Allie summons the courage to finally tell Tristan the most shocking news of her life, that is until she's got over the announcement of him firing her from the firm. 

Allie can't believe it, after everything she's done for him, in and out of work hours, how could he be so nonchalant and fire her? What did she do wrong? 

Though Tristan has some surprises up his sleeve that she won't see coming, though none will top her secret. 

 But soon skeletons that they both thought had disappeared soon start creeping in, much faster than they both anticipated. With new cases to lead and their ever growing romance kick starting into life again. Will Allie ever get the life that she wishes for? and will Tristan finally be able to relax after all these years? 

There may have been secrets layers deep, but now the need to be peeled right back to the core to see what is resting right on there doorstep. 

Layers Peeled by Lacey Silks, is the second instalment in the Layers Trilogy and I loved it even more than the first one. It jumps straight back in to where it left off in Layers Deep which was great, so I didn't feel the need for a recap. 

With the story changed in many ways its hard to review without giving too much away. These books really remind me of the Knight series with its fast pace and chunky storyline which is wonderful since you all know I've been searching years for to find something similar. Ah! I can't tell you my happiness! 

Anyway, I loved Allie's character more, although she was slightly troublesome at sometimes and coming across as a bit spoilt, the sheer fact that her partner was trying to protect her and she just kept running head first into danger then wondered why she needed saving, this annoyed me. 

Tristan is just...Tristan, he doesn't need changing and gets better and sexier within the book (Though still not as good as Lucien!) I feel for him cause all he does is try to look after Allie and she just doesn't have any of it which as I said before is slightly annoying. 

There are still some parts of the book like in the first which made me feel a little bit weird, not uncomfortable, just strange. Though I still read regardless and I'm glad I did. 

Without giving too much away, I really enjoyed this book. I will be reading the next and last instalment in the series, but not as soon as the others seeing as they are apart of another couple story, again, a bit like how the Right series is panned out. 

All in all I will give this book a 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment