22 July 2015

Broken * K. Webster

Broken by K. Webster

Andi has the perfect life. She is about to graduate with an Architecture degree and marry her-All American baseball star-fiancé. Her world is soon turned upside down.

Left to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, she takes on a new persona—a promiscuous one. This new role protects her heart from ever being broken again. 


Andi had it all, with finishing college just around the corner and an All-American, baseball loving fiance who she is destined to marry, things we're starting to look up for her. 

So when she decides to surprise her finance with an early visit, she wasn't expecting her world to come crashing down around her feet and her heart to be broken into a million shattered pieces. He had only gone and slept with another woman. 

Since then Andi has taken on a new persona, she meets a new guy every weekend and only sees them for three nights, doing whatever tickles there fancy. Her best friend Pepper, doesn't agree with what she is doing and doesn't like this new life that Andi is living, but what can she do or say to stop her? 

That was before Andi met Jackson.

But she can't shake the feeling off that there is something about Jackson, something more than meets the eye, and she's going to find out what that something is. Even if she has to play a bit hard to get.

Jackson has skeletons, and baggage, lots of it. But when he first sets his eyes on Andi, he instantly feels alive again and it's not only his mind that's springing to attention. He likes that she's not like all the other girls, and he likes a woman that knows what she wants. So when the chips are down and the tables are turned in his favour, can he stand up to the test that's in front of him? 

Broken by K. Webster, is the first instalment in the Breaking The Rules series, but not the first book by Webster. The book has been been written in past tense and the present, flicking from stages in Andi's life whilst with her ex and what happened after the break up. I wasn't too sure on this when I first started reading the book if I'm honest, but after I got into it a bit more, I loved the idea of it. 

Let me just get this out of the way before I carry on with the verdict. You all know that I have been trying to find a great series like, The Knight Trilogy, and I searched high and low for some books to come up close but always failed. So let me tell you now, that this is it. Yes, ladies and gentlemen; I have finally found a book that is just as good if not better! 

Broken, was such a great read! It has so many twists and turns in the book, the plot was brilliant and the characters we're amazing, I'm telling you now, that if you have read The Knight Series and thought that Lucien was hot, then you've got another thing coming until you read about Jackson cause my god! What a smoker he is! 

I loved the book more on it's terms of the plot, there was never a dull moment in the story from when it kicked off up until the very end, I was constantly turning those pages and finished it within about 3-4 days. I could not put it down! 

I am a little disappointed that the next books don't follow on from Andi and Jackson's relationship as I would Love to read more about them. From what I have gathered, the books go on to talk about the relationships of the other characters in the book, which is also like the Knight Series. I would definitely re-read this books and possibly the series once I have got my hands on it. I loved the authors way of words and once again, the plot was amazing and very creative! 

All in all, I loved this book and I can't wait to read the rest of this series! 

I will give this book 9 out of 10


  

No comments:

Post a Comment