5 May 2014

Alzheimer's Memory Walk


Afternoon everyone!

Hope your all doing well? Just posting a little update on here to let you all know that I will be joining in on Sheffield's Memory walk on the 11th October 2014 to help raise money for Alzheimer's!

My goal is to raise £100 for the cause, and I will be walking 1okm on the day. At the moment I have already raise £5 with my Just Giving page being up for only a couple of hours which is amazing! 

I am doing this for my Nanan who was diagnosed with Dementia nearly a couple of years ago now, she is still fighting the illness, but has deteriorated a great deal much to the upset of my family and my granddad. It has been very hard for all of us to cope with my nan and see her the way she is, it's an illness that is soul destroying and very upsetting, it's horrible. 

My nanan is still here though and my mum and auntie and my granddad have done an AMAZING! job with looking after her and caring for her in her own home throughout the past years and they have done exceptionally well and been caring, loving and patient with her. Everyone in my family helps my nan out in anyway they can as she has always done the same for us. 

I cannot think of any better way than to help my nan and the other people like her to help raise more money for this cause and charity into helping other people like my nan including her. 

I think that personally, the charity doesn't get half as much credit to what it should do and not as much recognition compared to other charities, but it is an illness that affects quite a few older people around the world and not just in the UK. 

With your help and mine we can help raise more money for the amazing charity who help people with Alzheimer's and their families as much as they can. If you would like to give a donation, please head on over to my Just Giving page linked below you can give whatever price you wish too. If you can't for any reason, or just don't wish to which is fine! A simple good luck would be much appreciated! :) 

Emma's Memory Walk 2014

Thank you ever so much for having the time to read this post, I know it's nothing to do with baking. But it's something that matters to me, and I feel I need to share it with you all! 

Ta very much! Much love, 
Emma xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment