14 October 2018

Head Over Heels - Jill Mansell


Head Over Heels by Jill Mansell

Jessie has kept the identity of her son Oliver's father a secret for years. One glance at Oliver, and a little mental arithmetic, and Toby has the situation sussed. Meeting the son he never knew he had is the shock of a lifetime. 

As the attraction between them flares up again, Jessie just can't see her way to a happy ending. But no one is quite what they seem.


Interior designer Jess has lived in Upper Sisley all her life, she's built up a great business, brought up her handsome son Ollie and has the best friendship a woman could ask for with mum of three, Lily. 

So when Jess gets the call to decorate the luxurious Sisley house, she jumps at the chance. Though as soon as she hears the voice on the other end of the line, Jess can't quite believe her luck.

Toby Gillespie on the other hand is ecstatic to unveil that Jess has been hiding in the village all along. Though water certainly hasn't ran under the bridge, too many things have happened since they last met. 

Will Jess be able to live with herself once the secret is out in the open? 

Head Over Heels by Jill Mansell, is such a brilliant book. I read this as part of a mini book club with my mum and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The last couple of books by Mansell, I couldn't really get on with, though I feel like I have come back to the main reason why I started reading her books with this brilliant read. 

There are some places in the book where you feel you know whats going to happen, but let me tell you, the ending really did surprise me and I was quite shocked. I really thought that something else was going to happen but was pleasantly surprised. 

The characters are all well written, I felt that they had a read depth to them, they all had their own little stories that all mixed and blended in with one another. I loved that Jess had her own business and she was portrayed as doing  something that she really enjoys, which was lovely to read about. The book flits between all characters and it works very well.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed Head Over Heels and I can't wait to get onto the next JM instalment on my shelves. 

I will be giving this book a 9 out of 10 


**This book was read in August, this is a late review

No comments:

Post a Comment