4 April 2018

How to Stuff up Christmas * Rosie Blake

How to Stuff up Christmas by Rosie Blake

'Tis the season to be jolly. Unless you've found an intimate picture of another woman on your fiance's phone... 

Eve is heartbroken after discovering her fiance is cheating on her. Being surrounded by the joys of Christmas is more than Eve can bear, so she chooses to avoid the festivities by spending Christmas alone on a houseboat in Pangbourne. 


Nothing could go wrong for Eve at the moment, she has a wonderful family, a fantastic set of friends and a handsome boyfriend who as just proposed to her on Christmas day. Until she finds a photo on his phone of a woman's perfect intimate parts. 

Fast forward four months and Eve is single and living on her own again, but at least she has their dog Marmite to keep her company, even if she is a bit detached from him. With the help of her friend Daisy, she decides to go on a month long holiday to Pangbourne to do a winter pottery course to try and mend her broken heart. 

Local Vet Greg is in need of some excitement in his life, with the stresses of work and another woman in his life he needs to get away or at least find something new. That's  when he saves Eve, who was currently drowning in the small river underneath her rented holiday boat. 

Eve and Gregg slowly start to become friends, but Eve can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something. Why does he have to get off so early and who is he always mysteriously texting? 
With new friends a long the way and her love for art starting to bloom once more, Eve can start to feel like herself again. 

But who is watching her from afar and can she really trust the ones she loves? 

How to Stuff up Christmas by Rosie Blake, is the second novel that I have read by the author and her most recent release. After reading the Hygge Holiday last month, I had to purchase another one of Blakes books and read it instantly.

I enjoyed the characters and the plot line of the story, if flowed nicely and wish that I had used this as one of my Christmas / Festive reads last year.  I think the character I enjoyed the most was Marmie the dog, simply because I loved his name and the way Blake had described him which I think was spot on. 

The story is your usual romance, where someone breaks up, there's a bad guy ex and a new charming man to sweep you off your feet, then fall madly in love with. Which if I'm really honest with you, I don't think there's anything wrong with them. I really love soppy cheesy romance books, even when you can see it coming from a mile off. I admit the ending was a bit far fetched, but none the less I loved it.  

There are also recipes at the start of each chapter which I find lovely and very cosy.

I will be giving this book 8 out of 10 





No comments:

Post a Comment