1 March 2016

The Day We Disappeared * Lucy Robinson

The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson 

Annie has a secret. But if she's not going to tell, we won't either. 


Kate has run away. But she's not going to tell us why - that would defeat the point of running, wouldn't it? 



Annie Mulholland is not like your average girl. She has a troubled past, that she has fought long and hard with and nothing will get in the way of her remembering it. 

Throughout the years Annie slowly but surely starts to learn how to live life like everyone else, though not without some bumps along the way. Being in Le Cloob has helped over the years, what with her sex obsessed sister Lizzy, her gracious yet obnoxious french friend Claudine, and of course her slightly insane friend Tim. She feels like she can take on anything, apart from men.  

Until the beautiful and charismatic Stephen Flint shows up one evening in the massage room and her world is slowly turned upside down. He has it all, the dream cars, the house, money and not to mention a lovely resort out in sunny France. But once Annie begins to scratch beneath the surface, she becomes terrified. 

Kate Brady used to work at a high flying IT centre, but now she's running from something. Needing to get as far away as possible, she arrives on the doorstep at a farm but not just any old farm, it's only Mark Waverly's. One of the top horse riders in the country, and when Kate brags her way through the interview, she finally starts to feel safe.  

But things aren't what they seem, when she's thrown in at the deep end with not an ounce of knowledge about horses or even the rider himself. Though when she befriends Becca, a tough gordie girl and Joe, a deprived sex "god", things start to slowly turn around, though she hopes that her past will too. 

As both girls cope with their past, their future hangs in the balance. Will Becca and Annie be able to live normal, safe lives? Or will they always be on the run?

The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson, was wonderful! I don't know what else I can say!...No, wait I do! As always, Robinson's books are brilliantly witty and full of surprise. So when I heard that she was bringing out a new book last year, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, and now I know she's on with her fifth  novel! Ahh the excitement, I can't contain it!! But we'll get back to the review.  

I honestly thought that this book would be about romance, but I was wrong, totally wrong. I mean, don't get me wrong it does have some level of romance, but it's more on the line of a comedy thriller. Which I just love, it's different and there we're so many page turners and twists, I finished it within a week! (Though that's because I've been at work) But I haven't read a book so fast in a while, it was a lovely feeling to be able to briskly read all the way through! 


The book never slowed down gradually picked up the pace, like a snowball down a big mountain, but it was good and such a brilliant read. They way that Robinson kept me hooked form beginning to end and made me gasp with shock as joyous, as I don't gasp that much at books!


Without giving too much away about the plot and story, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm not just saying that because of the author. She genuinely is a wonderful story teller and her stories and writing style are different from anyone I know. It's fun to read her books and I can't wait for the next one to come out. Wonderful and beautiful writing skills. 


(I wanted to give this a really good review, but I'm a bit out of sync what with my last review being in July last year!)


I would seriously recommend this book, and Lucy Robinson. 


I will give this book 10/10 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment