23 July 2020

Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo

The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

A weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina knows no fury, she has become Sankta Alina - but at what cost? 

To free Ravka and all other borders, she must fight to survive, even if it's against a former lover, to save the current one from ruin.  

The Darkling will stop at nothing to find the remaining firebird and leave no one standing in his path.  

She will get the last remaining amplifier, fight the strongest man in Ravka, even if it means losing the ones she holds so dear. Before it's too late. Though what if the amplifier has been under her nose the entire time? 

As Alina travels further into battle, she must decide between who to save and who to love.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, is the last and final book within the Shadow and Bone series and...I don't even know how to start to finish this review. It was everything I wanted and more, it's easily become one of the best series I've read for a while.

I can honestly say that I preferred this book a lot more than it's predecessor Seige and Storm, it was still slow in places but damn did it start with a bang and I was not prepared for it. It was so much more fast paced as it got towards the end, everything was happening. My heart for broke in the firing line and I cried quite a few times - I can't think about certain scenes, cause oh my lord my heart! 

I'm truly sad that the series is over, I think it could have done with at least one more book or at least one in The Darkling's POV. I am however, looking forward to reading the rest of the Grishaverse novels. 

I will be giving this book 5 out of 5 
(Cawpile rating of 9.43)

No comments:

Post a Comment