5 July 2020

Seige and Storm - Leigh Bardugo

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.


Meanwhile, The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world.

Alina is free from The Darkling, and new life with Mal in an unfamiliar town seems to be working. Though news has spread of her new gift, she just needs to find a way to keep it under wraps. 

Soon Alina and Mal find themselves back aboard a ship on their way to Os Alta, much to their disapproval. The rumours say he has returned, though he is not the man Alina once knew, he has changed and not for the better.  

With the fate of the Kingdom in the balance, Alina must find a way to keep everyone safe, have Mal by her side but most of all, not to loose her sanity.

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, is the second novel in the Shadow and Bone series, the start of the Grishaverse novellas. 

I thought with the first book, that this also was a slow burner at the start. Yes, there was a moment where the story slaps you straight in the face at the beginning but after that there was quite a bit of waiting. However, the wait is certainly worth it towards the end of the book and the tension! Do not get me started on the tension within this book.  Oh my! 

I can certainly say that The Darkling has been swiftly pushed out of my books and I am in love with Mal and Nikolai. The plot is a good one, it gets denser throughout the book and there were some moments where I was shocked and didn't see things coming. I feel that this series will progress more within the last book, however I do also feel there should be more than three. 

With that said, I am really enjoying the series and can't wait to get started on the next.  

I will be giving this book 4 out of 5
Cawpile rating of 7.86 


No comments:

Post a Comment