28 January 2022

Welcome 2022...Please go easy on me!


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022!! 


Happy New Year you lovely lot...to those of you who actually still read my blog. We were very quiet last year in the blog department, so many things have happened and I simply didn't have the time. 
However, if you follow me on Instagram or twitter, then you'll know that I was still about and reading! 

I did have about 13 reviews to post from 2020 (Since there was A LOT of books that were read, 33 to be precise!) But seeing as we're practically a year out, I thought I was start a fresh and just keep everything up to date this year instead. The good news is, is that I'll never forget to review - seeing as I now review more on IG too! (The handle is @tinksreviews should you wish to hit that follow button! 😉) 

Reading Update:

This year I have no set goal, I have literally dropped my goal all the way down to one, which I have already completed by the way - Go me! Woo! 

No in all seriousness, I thought the pressure to keep upping my goal was just becoming too much and I would start to feel it and then fall out of love with reading altogether.

So I thought, why not drop it all the way to the floor - and that's what I did. I'm currently on my 3rd book for the month and year which is an excellent start for me and I'm loving every minute again! 

I also recently (finally) finished watching the Shadow and Bone Netflix adaptation and oh my lord it was amazing! I adored it so much, they way they have incorporated both the the S&B and The Six of Crows was really good (I was very skeptical at first) but they pulled it off brilliantly...and Jesper...😍

Personal Update:

Well, where do I begin? If you've been speaking to me personally then you'll know what's been happening. But it's been a whirlwind, So I'll start at the beginning but make it brief. 

Back in 2019 I was working for a wonderful company called Schuelke who I adored with all my heart, thought sadly in 2021 I was made redundant, which trust me - was a shock to the system. 

Since then I went onto another company but was also made redundant. However, after relentless interviewing this week, I have managed to get myself another job, one which I am really excited about and look forward to starting.  

IN OTHER NEWS! Sam andI got accepted for our first home towards the end of last year and everything is now currently in the process of going through all the correct channels, but towards March/April time, we will have our very first home together - I may very well cry on the day we get the keys to our hopefully forever home. Ahh I just can't wait! Oh! We also got Engaged, but that's a story for next time 😉

Speak to you soon, reviews to follow shortly!

Love always, 


No comments:

Post a Comment