21 January 2019

Frostbite * Richelle Mead

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose... 

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway.


Rose is back and better than ever, though this time she's in the glistening, snowy hotel in Idaho - as far away from St Vlad's  as possible this Christmas and nothing says family like a good get together. 

Unless your cold hearted mother has come to stay, your best friend is too caught up with her new boyfriend and you're split between your other best friend and instructor. Yeah, it's going to be a Christmas to remember alright. 

Though when the hotel is under a deadly attack, it's up to Rose and her friends to get themselves out of the unfortunate situation that they found themselves in. But at what cost?

As she navigates her way through yet another year of School, forbidden romance and an angry clan of bloody thirsty Vampires; Rose starts to question if becoming a guardian is really worth it? Most of all, does she have what it takes? 

Frostbite by Richelle Mead, is the second instalment in the 'Vampire Academy' series, and oh my goodness. I honestly can't stop reading this series, I haven't been able to find one as good as this since the 'Morganville' days and its a breath of fresh air. 

The book follows straight on from the first book and it most certainly picks up the pace quick, I feel the second book was a lot better than the first. Not that I didn't enjoy the first as I did, but think the story will get more in-depth as I read through the series. 

I seriously loved this book, the way the characters are written as well as meeting some new ones. Apart from the massive shock at the end, nothing could have prepared me for that! I can't wait to get on with the rest of the series. 

I will be giving this book 8.5 out of 10


**This book was a November 2018 read**

No comments:

Post a Comment